- Formulating a precise and focussed research question
- Understanding different research designs
- you need to be able to judge the quality of published health care research in order to make decisions about patient care or service development;
- you are carrying out a literature review or systematic review;
- you are presenting at a journal club.
Notes: Part of our new series of bite-sized sessions focusing on how to understand the evidence.
Previous experience required: the session works equally well as a refresher or introductory session on critical appraisal of quantitative research.
Duration: 45 minutes
Format: presentation with small group work and discussion of examples of published research
Sessions are taught both on-site and online. Dates which are taught online only (using tools such as Microsoft Teams) are listed separately. You will be contacted with more details when you book onto a specific session. Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.