- Formulating a precise and focussed research question
- Understanding different research designs
- you need to be able to judge the quality of published health care research in order to make decisions about patient care or service development;
- you are carrying out a literature review or systematic review;
- you are presenting at a journal club.
Notes: Part of our new series of bite-sized sessions focusing on how to understand the evidence.
Previous experience required: the session works equally well as a refresher or introductory session on critical appraisal of quantitative research.
Duration: 45 minutes
Format: presentation with small group work and discussion of examples of published research
Places for our on-site teaching are limited to comply with social-distancing guidance.
To protect attendees and facilitators from potential COVID-19 exposure, our on-site teaching sessions require you to comply with our Learner Agreement. By attending our on-site sessions, you are confirming you have read the agreement and accept its conditions.
Dates which are taught online only (using tools such as Microsoft Teams) are listed separately. You will be contacted with more details when you book onto a specific session. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.