- Critically appraise qualitative research
- Define the different types of qualitative research design
- Define internal and external validity, generalisability and applicability in the context of qualitative research
- Explain the key areas for potential bias in qualitative research methods and the ways in which these can be minimised
- you need to be able to judge the quality of published health care research in order to make decisions about patient care or service development
- you are carrying out a literature review or systematic review
- you are presenting at a journal club
Previous experience required: the session works equally well as a refresher or introductory session on critical appraisal of qualitative research
Duration: 1 1/2 hours
Format: presentation with small group work, including discussion of a published article that will be distributed prior to the session.
Places for our on-site teaching are limited to comply with social-distancing guidance.
To protect attendees and facilitators from potential COVID-19 exposure, our on-site teaching sessions require you to comply with our Learner Agreement. By attending our on-site sessions, you are confirming you have read the agreement and accept its conditions.
Dates which are taught online only (using tools such as Microsoft Teams) are listed separately . You will be contacted with more details when you book onto a specific session. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Further help: resource list
Important information: bookings for this course must be made by 5pm on the day before the session. Any bookings made after that time cannot be guaranteed by the LKS team.