- Critically appraise qualitative research
- Define the different types of qualitative research design
- Define internal and external validity, generalisability and applicability in the context of qualitative research
- Explain the key areas for potential bias in qualitative research methods and the ways in which these can be minimised
- you need to be able to judge the quality of published health care research in order to make decisions about patient care or service development
- you are carrying out a literature review or systematic review
- you are presenting at a journal club
Previous experience required: the session works equally well as a refresher or introductory session on critical appraisal of qualitative research
Duration: 1 1/2 hours
Format: presentation with small group work, including discussion of a published article that will be distributed prior to the session.
Sessions are taught both on-site and online. Dates which are taught online only (using tools such as Microsoft Teams) are listed separately. You will be contacted with more details when you book onto a specific session. Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
Further help: resource list
Important information: bookings for this course must be made by 5pm on the day before the session. Any bookings made after that time cannot be guaranteed by the LKS team.