For the latest information about changes to services at BSUH including non-urgent planned surgery, diagnostic procedures and outpatient appointments, click here. Some services have given specific updates to their patients and service users and the links can be seen further down this page.
If you are worried that you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) please stay at home and follow the PHE guidance for staying at home. Do not attend A&E or your GP surgery.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days.
Our staff are both practised and skilled in treating patients with infectious diseases and we are confident in our procedures for dealing with this virus. The Trust has robust infection control measures in place and is following the most up to date national guidance and procedures at all times.
Help stop the spread
Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with the virus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
Please follow Public Health England advice to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. When washing your hands do it for 20 seconds i.e. the duration of the time it takes to sing ‘happy birthday twice’ and make sure it is thorough.
- Wash your hands when you get to work or arrive home, after you blow your nose, cough or sneeze, after using public transport, and before you eat or handle food.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products.
Service updates for patients
Latest information and advice from Public Health England at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Public Health England Q&A blog: GOV.UK website.
The Government’s response and action plan: www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The Government’s public health campaign: www.gov.uk/government/news/public-information-campaign-focuses-on-handwashing