We sincerely hope you and your family are staying safe and well. Please ensure that you have read the Government’s guidance on social distancing and shielding which can be found here.
Even if you are entirely well and have no health problems, please ensure that you are taking the following steps:
- Please wash you hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds regularly throughout the day and after returning home, being outside the house or in contact with others
- Cough or sneeze either into a tissue and dispose of it in a waste bin, or into the crook of your elbow to avoid spreading droplets in the air
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth and avoid contact with anyone who is unwell
This advice is of particular importance to both adults and children with any underlying respiratory conditions.
There are a number of respiratory conditions which can make you especially vulnerable during this global pandemic. Further information for people living with respiratory disease can be found here.
Specific guidance regarding groups of people who would be at very high risk of coronavirus infection has been issued, including those who should be shielding completely for the next 3 months patients has been issued. Guidance regarding support for those shielding can be found here.
Outpatient Clinic Appointments
We are advising all patients with existing appointments that these will be largely conducted by telephone or virtually (using the internet and a video link). If you have an appointment in the next three months it is highly unlikely that we will see you face to face for this appointment unless specifically contacted and asked to do so, as we do not want to cause undue risks to your health. If you have not heard from us regarding this appointment, then please call before attending on the following numbers:
Royal Sussex County Hospital: 01273 523107/6
Princess Royal Hospital: 01444 441 881 ext 5942
Please be patient as we are receiving a high volume of calls at present. As such, we are unable to answer individual calls or emails regarding guidance on shielding and social distancing or medication and Covid-19.
Regrettably, due to the significant pressures on our services at present, the sleep service has had to be temporarily suspended to new referrals, but for those on CPAP please continue to use your designated phone number for any equipment queries. There may be some delays in contacting you to advise further. Please be patient and we will endeavor to contact you all back as needed.
Thank you in anticipation for your understanding.
What we do
We diagnose and treat a wide range of lung conditions. We provide a comprehensive range of services and specialist clinics.
We have specialist expertise in the following conditions:
- Asthma and allergy
- Asbestos-related conditions including asbestosis and mesothelioma
- Cystic fibrosis (we work closely with the team at King’s College Hospital, London)
- Chronic obstructive lung disease
- HIV-related respiratory conditions
- Interstitial lung disease and pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung cancer and mesothelioma
- Pleural diseases
- Sleep-disordered breathing
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Outpatient enquiries: 0300 303 8360
Egremont ward: 01273 696955 extn 4026
Catherine James ward: 01273 696955 extn 4021
Princess Royal Hospital
Pyecombe ward: 01444 441881 extn 8393