You can self-register for OpenAthens at https://openathens.nice.org.uk
- Use an NHS PC and your NHS or Brighton & Sussex Medical School email address for quicker processing of your registration
- It is possible to register from a non-NHS computer and to use a personal or university email address, however additional verification is required, which slows the process
- After activating your account you can use our information resources from work or home
- Go to: https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ForgotPassword/Reset
- Enter your email address and confirm
- An email will be sent to the email address you registered with
- Follow instructions in the email
Whenever you move organisation, as long as you stay within the NHS, you can move your account to your new organisation.
To change your organisation:
- Go to https://openathens.nice.org.uk/hub and log in with your OpenAthens details.
- Choose “Change organisation” from the left-hand menu.
- Enter a new email if necessary, or continue with your existing one.
- Start typing in your organisation and select from the drop-down list.
- Continue to the next page and change any personal details.
- Finally continue to the Terms and Conditions and click on “Submit”
If you receive an email asking if you wish to renew your OpenAthens account:
- Click on the link in the email
- Log in and complete the online form as if registering again. Your renewal request may take up to 3 working days to be verified by an administrator (e.g. if your details do not match those on the system, or if you entered a non-NHS email address)