As NICE’s Evidence search service no longer exists, it is worth being aware of other useful databases that allow you access to some of the resources that NICE pulled together.
Social Care Online is one of these resources. A database of all aspects of social care and social work, core subject areas include:
- People with social care needs or receiving social care services
- Care services and care needs
- Social work and the social care workforce
- Government policy and social policy and legislation
In the form of:
- Government Documents
- Practice And Guidance
- Systematic Reviews
- Research Briefings
- UK Grey (Informally-Published) Literature
- Journal Articles.
It is UK focused, but does include material from outside the UK if it contains topics of relevance to the UK. Take a look at the SCIE website for a more detailed explanation of what is included in the database.