The Brighton and Sussex Library & Knowledge Service has enabled links from Google Scholar to the full text of papers in a huge range of health and medical journals.
If you have a Google account, and an OpenAthens account with any of the following trusts, just follow the simple instructions below to set up library links:
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
How to set it up:
- Go to scholar.google.com and sign in with your Google account
- Open menu in the left corner
- Open settings (if it isn’t listed, look for the settings icon)
- Select library links and search for the name of your Trust in the search box. Tick the box next to the name when it appears, and click Save.
N.B. Although you can choose up to five libraries you will only be able to access full text if you have an OpenAthens account, or other institutional login, with that organisation.
Now every time you search Google Scholar, a link to the article will be displayed next to all the results that you have access to via this library.
Simply click on the link to display the full text.
If the journal is only available in print format, details on where it is held will be given.
Contact us for advice.