Our libraries at RSCH and PRH have met BSUH COVID-19 Secure standards which means people can visit and work in our libraries without wearing face masks while those conditions are being met.
However, that does not mean our libraries are COVID-19 secure at all times, and some areas such as enclosed rooms are particularly vulnerable.
We are therefore asking library users to please adhere to and follow the protective measures below to reduce transmission:
- Please stay at home if you or your family members have developed symptoms of coronavirus.
- Please carry a mask with you in case of need.
- If people are moving around near you, then you will need to wear a mask.
- If you need to speak to someone, put your mask on until you are confident that the 2m distance can be maintained.
- If someone wants to talk to you in close proximity, either move to an area where you can maintain 2m distance or put your masks on.
- Adhere to the capacity stated on the doors of our computer rooms and group study rooms. When rooms are booked we will request contact details for everyone attending.
- Use the hand sanitizers provided on entering and leaving the library.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after touching library books.
- Use the clinical wipes provided to wipe down the computer, mouse and keyboard when you have finished.
Please help us to help you keep safe.
*COVID-19 risk assessments are in process at the Mill View Hospital Library and visitors to this library are asked to follow these same measures.
We regret a maximum of just six people will be allowed to work or study at Mill View Library at any one time due to social distancing guidance.
Contact us for advice on any of the above or to reserve a pc ahead of your visit.