In addition to expert Library and Knowledge help from Kevin, our Specialist Librarian, we offer a wide selection of resources to support Quality Improvement. Below is just a sample but you can explore our full range via our website: https://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/library/
NHS OpenAthens password required; register here: http://openathens.nice.org.uk/
Quality in Primary Care (NHS OpenAthens password required)
International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance (1 year embargo) (NHS OpenAthens password required)
Evidence searches carried out on Quality Improvement
We provide evidence to inform patient care, service improvement, research and clinical teaching. Recent searches we’ve provided include:
- Online video consultations in Primary Care
- Video recording for quality improvement
- After Action Reviews – do they make a difference?
- Longer GP appointments – any evidence for benefit?
- Daily Safety Huddles – Evidence and encouraging buy-in from staff
- Best practice guidelines and recommendations for service provision of smoking cessation groups
- Discharging patients from Community Mental Health Teams – best practice
Web and other resources
Quality improvement made simple: What everyone should know about health care quality improvement. Health Foundation, 2013
First Steps towards Quality Improvement: A Simple Guide to Improving Services. NHS England, 2017
Quality Watch Website A Nuffield Trust and Health Foundation programme providing independent scrutiny into how the quality of health and social care is changing over time.
Quality improvement in hospital trusts: Sharing learning from trusts on a journey of QI. CQC, 2018
Contact us for further advice or help in accessing the above.