Celebrating the people of health care, and over 190 years of local history
With thanks to the Heritage Lottery Fund
With our social history project well underway, we have been discovering many amazing and engaging people, events and changes about the Royal Sussex County Hospital and related local history.
In the lead up to the onsite exhibition next year, our project display at the RSCH and PRH libraries will cover our exciting progress to date.
Come along to find out more about:
- Just how do you go about unlocking 190 years of history?
- How we use archive material to understand the past
- Who will be represented?
- Images of the RSCH campus across history
- Spotlight stories and biographies on historical staff members across many departments, governors, donors and events
- UK Census record snapshots of staff and patients at the site across 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911
- Patient and staff experience in 1828 (opening date)
- Opportunities to be involved and donate memories
- How you can be a Heritage Detective
Each Wednesday our Heritage Officer will be offering a lunchtime forum talk and drop in sessions about the display at the following locations.
Please do bring along any images or memories that you would like to share.
Talks: 1.00pm and 3.00pm – please meet at the main library reception for each talk
|Wednesday 15 August||RSCH – AEB Library|
|Wednesday 22 August||PRH Library|
|Wednesday 29 August||RSCH – AEB Library|
Open drop in between: 2:30pm – 3pm and 3:30pm – 5pm
Contact Samantha Sharman, Heritage Officer for further information.