The new and improved Cochrane Library will launch on Tuesday 7th August 2018.
To ensure the transition to the new site runs smoothly, users are advised NOT TO USE the saved search facility from 00:01 GMT on Monday 6th August 2018 until 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 7th August. Any searches saved during this period cannot be guaranteed to be transferred to the new site. All other search functions of the Cochrane Library will be available during this period. Existing saved searches will be transferred to the new site between 6th and 7th August, with no action required on the part of users.
Contact the library with any questions related to this transition or, in case of problems with your saved searches, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you are a saved search user.
Enhanced features include:
- Improved article design for Cochrane Reviews, CENTRAL records and all content
- Cochrane Clinical Answers now fully integrated in the Cochrane Library
- Search expanded across all content types, including Cochrane Reviews & Protocols, CENTRAL, Editorials, Special Collections, Cochrane Clinical Answers and other systematic reviews from Epistemonikos via a new federated search feature
- Improved search results display, including new filters for all content, and expanded sort and multiple record export options
- Advanced search tabs better integrated, and MeSH search feature improved
- Linking CENTRAL records to Cochrane Reviews
- Easy navigation between Cochrane Reviews, related podcasts, Editorials and Cochrane Clinical Answers
- A new Spanish language portal and discoverability of translated content in multiple languages via basic search
The Cochrane Library is a collection of six databases containing different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, plus a seventh database that provides information about Cochrane groups that form the Cochrane collaboration.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Health Technology Assessment Database
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- About The Cochrane Collaboration
Access to the Cochrane Library is free for the residents of the UK through a national funded licence.