Whether you’re writing course assignments, embarking on research or just keeping track of your CPD reading, help is at hand with your library and EndNote referencing software.
Why should I use EndNote?
Inserting in-text references and compiling bibliographies to your report, research paper or assignment can take hours. Referencing software, such as EndNote, speeds up the process by compiling a database of any references you use, letting you add selected references into your work at the touch of a button.
And if you need to switch styles from Vancouver to Harvard, EndNote makes the changes for you automatically in a matter of seconds. You can also allow team access to one reference library for effective collaboration.
How do I access EndNote?
EndNote Online (or basic) is the free version of EndNote and has everything you need for successful referencing:
- Create an online account to search, save and use your research sources
- Use built-in connections to search the most popular databases
- Save and organize the references you find (up to 50,000)
- Integrate with Microsoft® Word to properly cite and format your paper
- Choose from the most popular bibliography formats, including Harvard, Vancouver and APA style
Once you have registered for an account, you can access EndNote from anywhere. EndNote is also available as an iPad app via the iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/endnote-for-ipad/id593994211?mt=8
*EndNote desktop version is more complex than the web version and has additional tools:
- Unlimited storage capacity
- Create and save advanced searches
- Customise views and displays
- Edit reference import filters & output styles
- Cite tables, figures, & equations
- Use term lists for auto-entry
- Full library sharing—up to 100 users
- Annotate and highlight PDFs
- Create or customize your own bibliographic formatting styles
- Create smart groups of references for instant sorting
*EndNote desktop is installed on a number of the PCs in our libraries so can only be used onsite.
Help in using EndNote
Teaching on using EndNote referencing software is available in all our libraries. We’ll take you step-by-step through the process, from creating your own account and importing references to creating your own bibliography. Reserve your space on our hour-long workshops here: www.bsuh.nhs.uk/library/information-skills/using-endnote/
“EndNote training was excellent.” Public Health Information Specialist
Note: our scheduled teaching uses EndNote Online as this is available anywhere. Contact us if you would like training on the more advanced EndNote desktop version.