Here’s just a selection of the rich resources to support Dementia Action Week. Explore our full range via our website: https://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/library/
NHS OpenAthens password required; register here: http://openathens.nice.org.uk/
Evidence searches carried out on Dementia
We provide evidence to inform patient care, service improvement, research and clinical teaching. Recent searches we’ve provided include:
- Effect of hearing aid use on quality of life of older people with dementia
- Lifelong service for those diagnosed with dementia
- Dementia screening in critical care
- Bed rails for confused patients on dementia wards
- Neuroplasticity and dementia
- Recognising pain in dementia patients
- Resilience in informal/family caregivers of people with dementia
- Non -Pharmacological treatment of insomnia and sleep issues in people who have Dementia.
Web and other resources
Dementia UK provides specialist dementia support for families through the Admiral Nurse service and information leaflets that can be downloaded.
Alzheimer’s Society is a UK charity that campaigns for change, funds research to find a cure and supports people living with dementia today. They also provide a list of publications and fact sheets on dementia that can be downloaded.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is a registered charity who works to develop policy that improves the lives of people affected by dementia in the UK and across the world. They have some information booklets that can be downloaded