Our vision is to be locally and nationally renowned for delivering safe, high quality and compassionate care and being the regional centre of clinical and academic excellence.
We aim to be:
- A provider of safe, high quality secondary and local acute services to Brighton and mid-Sussex that are integrated with services in partner agencies, financially sustainable, and responsive to the needs of the local population.
- A provider of safe, high quality, financially sustainable, tertiary services to Sussex, south-East Surrey and south-West Kent, where a Sussex-based service is in the best interests of patients
- A hub for expertise and skill in specialist provision, innovation, training and research, that supports development of clinical academic expertise and high quality networks of care across Sussex, delivered by both BSUH and partner providers
To support this vision, we will strive to achieve clinical, operational and financial sustainability. We will be:
- An organisation which achieves operational excellence to ensure it can provide safe, high quality, financially viable services
- A learning and innovative organisation whose relationship with commissioners is based on transparency and mutual respect, where priorities are aligned and the challenge of clinical and financial sustainability is shared
- An organisation which truly treats patients as both partners and co-producers and involves them closely in decisions ranging all the way from individual care choices to the future direction of the trust