Who are apprenticeships for?
We are offering paid apprenticeships in:
- healthcare support
- estates (housekeeping, food service/catering, portering)
- and many other roles
Apprenticeships are open to anyone:
- age 16+
- living in England
- not in full-time education (but you can apply while still a student)
For more information, view the government guide to apprenticeships.
Why apply for an apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeships combine practical training with paid employment (‘earn while you learn’)
- We offer a competitive monthly wage
- You will be working alongside experienced staff to support you and help gain the practical skills you need
- You gain a nationally recognised qualification, with no tuition fees
- We offer 27 days paid holiday a year, plus 8 days paid Public Holidays
- At entry level, apprenticeships are usually 12 months
- On successful completion, you are guaranteed the offer of the job permanently
- This can be a first step to professional training (eg. nurse, physiotherapist, healthcare scientist) – if that’s what you want
- It’s a great experience, working as part of a team, making a real difference
Why apply for an NHS apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeships are great first step into a career in the NHS
- As an NHS staff member (on completion of the apprenticeship), you receive:
- A step-increase in monthly salary
- Annual incremental pay rise (average £505/year currently) to top of pay band
- Annual cost of living pay rise (as awarded nationally)
- Automatic enrolment in NHS Pension Scheme
How to view vacancies and apply
Our live vacancies are advertised on the government apprenticeship website.
Get in touch
If you have a query or would like to find out more, you can contact us using the form below.