We offer work experience placements for school and college students over the age of 16 who are undertaking a work experience programme.
We receive a large volume of applications for placements and will not be able to accommodate them all. Students are advised to consider their area of interest and formulate their application accordingly.
We also have a separate scheme that supports members of the armed forces to gain experience of working in health care. The scheme offers shadowing work experience, mentoring and interview practice. Military personnel should contact email@example.com for more details.
Applicants will be subject to a health clearance and risk assessment, which can take up to 3 weeks. Placement length will vary according to the placement area but will not exceed two weeks.
All placements are unpaid and the Trust will not meet any costs of travel, subsistence or accommodation.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Before applying, please read our application process guidance.
Who are apprenticeships for?
We are offering paid apprenticeships in:
- healthcare support
- estates (housekeeping, food service/catering, portering)
- and many other roles
Apprenticeships are open to anyone:
- age 16+
- living in England
- not in full-time education (but you can apply while still a student)
For more information, view the government guide to apprenticeships.
Why apply for an apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeships combine practical training with paid employment (‘earn while you learn’)
- We offer a competitive monthly wage
- You will be working alongside experienced staff to support you and help gain the practical skills you need
- You gain a nationally recognised qualification, with no tuition fees
- We offer 27 days paid holiday a year, plus 8 days paid Public Holidays
- At entry level, apprenticeships are usually 12 months
- On successful completion, you are guaranteed the offer of the job permanently
- This can be a first step to professional training (eg. nurse, physiotherapist, healthcare scientist) – if that’s what you want
- It’s a great experience, working as part of a team, making a real difference
Why apply for an NHS apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeships are great first step into a career in the NHS
- As an NHS staff member (on completion of the apprenticeship), you receive:
- A step-increase in monthly salary
- Annual incremental pay rise (average £505/year currently) to top of pay band
- Annual cost of living pay rise (as awarded nationally)
- Automatic enrolment in NHS Pension Scheme
How to view vacancies and apply
Our live vacancies are advertised on the government apprenticeship website.
Get in touch
If you have a query or would like to find out more, you can contact us using the form below.
Placements involve being attached to a consultant for a period of up to 6 weeks in an unpaid observership.
There is a placement fee of £375.