We are extremely proud of our nurses and nurse-led services and this is reflected through the Trust’s commitment to actively seek, encourage and support the ongoing development of our staff.
Training and education
We recognise the value that each individual brings to our profession and we have a range of comprehensive learning and career development opportunities, which include:
- A one year preceptorship programme; specifically designed to meet the development needs of newly qualified nurses and actively promotes and supports continuing professional development
- An extended preceptorship programme to refine specialist clinical skills through in-house training sessions, management master classes and leadership training
- Regular nursing career events, featuring a range of speakers from our senior nursing team
- Speciality specific development programmes
- Regular Band 5 nursing forums to support and encourage engagement and networking
- Careers clinics, which include revalidation preparation, support and guidance from the Practice Development Team and yearly appraisals
- 18 month rotational programmes which can be tailored to suit your individual needs and preferences.
- Flexible working arrangements which encourage and support a work/ life balance
- Our ‘Patient First’ programme ensures that each decision made contributes towards improving the care and experience of our patients. It also gives our staff the opportunity to highlight areas for improvement and the support to make great ideas come to life
Find out more about training and education for nursing and midwifery.
If you would like to work for a diverse, inclusive organisation where your voice matters, in a team that values your contribution and with a manager who supports your development – then we may be the employer of choice for you.
Meet our colleagues
See what some of our staff think about working here: