What we do
An endoscopy is a procedure where the inside of your body is examined using an endoscope. An endoscope is a long, thin, flexible tube that has a light source and a video camera at one end.
We undertake a wide range of procedures, including:
- Oesophago-Gastro-Duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Gastroscopy and biopsy and cytology
- Oesophageal dilatation
- Endoscopic therapy for UGI bleeding
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy (PEG) feeding tube
- Percutaneous Endoscopic jejunostomy (PEJ) feeding tube
- Achalasia Balloon Dilatation
- Pyloric Balloon Dilatation
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Colonoscopy and biopsy and cytology
- Colonoscopy and polypectomy and balloon dilatation of strictures
- Flexible sigmoidocsopy and biopsy (without sedation)
- Oesophageal physiology study – Acid reflux (PH)
- Abnormal pressure patterns
- Ano-Rectal physiology study – Neural function
- Pressure patterns
- Breath test for detection of Helicobacter Pylori
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Bronchoscopy and cytology, biopsy, bronchial brushing, fine needle aspiration (FNA), bronchoalveolar lavage.
At the Royal Sussex County Hospital, the endoscopy suite is located on level 9 of the Thomas Kemp Tower.
There is an additional endoscopy room at the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath.
- Endoscopy booking team: 0300 303 8517
- Endoscopy (RSCH) Recovery: 01273 696955 extn. 4570
- Endoscopy (PRH): 01444 441881 extn. 8188