What we do
Our combined medical and surgical ward looks after patients with gastrointestinal conditions. We also have an endoscopy unit and a dedicated outpatients department.
Level 9a, Millennium Block and level 9, Thomas Kemp Tower at Royal Sussex County Hospital.
We also have an endoscopy room at Princess Royal Hospital.
- Level 9a ward: 01273 696955 extn. 4498/9
- Endoscopy (RSCH) recovery: 01273 696955 extn. 4570, fax. 01273 664960
- Endoscopy & DDC outpatients reception: 01273 696955 extn. 4667, fax. 01444 448679
- Endoscopy (PRH): 01444 441881 extn. 8188
Referral information for GPs
Medical gastroenterology offers a mobile phone contact for GPs, Monday to Friday from 9am to 12 noon.
Each morning the consultant gastroenterologist covering the specialist ward at the Royal Sussex County Hospital will be available for urgent clinical advice relating to new gastroenterological queries.
Patients already belonging to one of the medical gastro consultants should ideally be discussed with that consultant, contacted through his/her secretary.
- Call the switchboard on 01273 696955 and ask to speak to the medical gastroenterologist on the ward
- For surgical enquiries call the BSUH switchboard on 01273 696955 and ask for the on call surgical registrar
- Please note, this service is not for use by patients