Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is a set of internationally recognised ethical and scientific quality requirements which must be observed for designing, conducting, recording and reporting clinical trials that involve the participation of humans.
An understanding of GCP is prerequisite for anyone carrying out, or involved in, clinical research and clinical trials.
Courses at BSUH
We are a host centre for the NIHR GCP training programme.
We provide the following free of charge NIHR GCP training courses on a regular basis:
- Introductory course (1 day)
- Refresher course for experienced researchers (3 hours)
All courses are held in the CIRU Seminar Room, on Level 4 of the Thomas Kemp Tower at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
How to book
Bookings are made online through the NIHR CRN Online Learning system (CRN Learn).
- Firstly, you need to register online with CRN Learn
- You will receive an email asking you to validate your new account. You must do this before you will be able to complete step 3 below.
- Once registered, you need to request an enrolment key for Kent, Surrey and Sussex courses by emailing email@example.com. This will enable you to access the booking area for the GCP course on CRN Learn.
- Once you receive the enrolment key (via email), log back into your CRN Learn account and enter the enrolment key (all courses should then be visible to you)
- Go to face to face courses/ Online courses (those that apply) for both GCP and Valid Informed Consent Courses
- Select course date and book yourself a space. If the course is grey, this means that there are no spaces available as fully booked.
- Once selected, you will receive a confirmation email regarding your booking with all relevant course materials attached.
If you experience any problems with the process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further queries, please contact Jo Grant, email@example.com, 01273 696955 ext 3522.