UpToDate, the point of care decision-support tool, is accessible from your mobile and tablet as well as your PC. You can also build up free continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD) when researching clinical questions.
To gain remote and mobile access you just need to complete a quick one-time registration process.
- Access UpToDate via the BSUH Intranet link
*You must register from within the BSUH NHS network to gain access to the Mobile App and accrue CME credits.
2. Click the Register button in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Complete all fields on the registration form and then click Submit Registration.
Upon completion of the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from UpToDate with instructions on downloading the Mobile App.
Once registered, you can install the Mobile App on up to two devices.
- On your smartphone or tablet, find UpToDate in your app store and install the free app.
- Open the UpToDate Mobile App upon completion of download.
- Log in with your UpToDate user name and password.
You only need to do this once — the app remembers your user name and password.
In addition to the Mobile App, you can access UpToDate from any computer with internet access.
Simply go to www.uptodate.com and click the “Log In” button located in the top right corner of the UpToDate home page, and enter your user name and password.
To keep the account active, you must re-verify your affiliation with BSUH once every 90 days by logging into UpToDate using the BSUH Intranet link
In-application & email messaging will inform you of the need to verify affiliation if you have not done so by day 80. You will receive a second alert at day 90.
If you fail to re-verify by day 90, you will lose mobile and remote access.