Here’s just a selection of the rich resources to support Diabetes. Explore our full range via our website: https://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/library/
NHS OpenAthens password required for online items; register here: http://openathens.nice.org.uk/
Evidence searches carried out on Diabetes
We provide evidence to inform patient care, service improvement, research and clinical teaching. Recent searches we’ve provided include:
- Titration of insulin for patients with type 2 diabetes
- Integrated care for diabetes services
- Effect of Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) on Diabetes neuropathy
- Type 1 diabetes in children and Obesity – an update
- Hamman’s syndrome or Boerhaave’s syndrome with Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Should we be checking B12 routinely in diabetic patients on metformin?
- Identifying and monitoring diabetes in people living with HIV
- Management of high cholesterol levels (dyslipidaemia) in children with diabetes – an update
Web and other resources
Diabetes UK’s vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Their aim is to prevent Type 2 diabetes, campaign for and support everyone affected by diabetes, and fund research that will one day lead us to a cure.
A guide to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help.