There will be a range of art commissions, projects and programmes taking place over the next 6 years to enhance the quality of environment and patient experience within the new hospital.
Artworks created by leading national and international artists, as well as local artists and communities, will enhance entrances and reception areas, treatment & waiting rooms, gardens and corridors.
CONNECT covers 5 strands of work:
- BUILD: Artworks integrated into the build process in reception areas, the sanctuary and roof gardens.
- INTERIORS: The work of local and national artists will be woven into the interiors in treatment rooms, quiet rooms, oncology and more.
- PARTNERSHIPS: Partnerships with local arts organisations, community groups and photographers will result in photographic artworks for waiting rooms.
- HERITAGE: The heritage of the site will be celebrated in the new building with a History Wall and participatory arts projects.
- ONGOING: The Public Art Strategy will act as a catalyst for further development of Onward Arts.