We are grateful for the work our partner charities do to raise funds for BSUH hospitals and patients.
Our historical partner charities are listed below. You can read more about their work by clicking on the links to their own websites.
- Early Birth Association (Reg Charity No 286727)
- Friends of Brighton and Hove Hospitals (Reg Charity No 209414)
- League of Friends of the Princess Royal Hospital (Reg Charity No 257130)
- League of Friends of the Hurstwood Park Neuro Centre (Reg Charity No 263171)
- Rockinghorse (Reg Charity No 1018759)
- Sussex Cancer Fund (Reg Charity No 1147195)
- Sussex Stroke and Circulation Fund (Reg Charity No 297807)
- The Sussex Heart Charity (Reg Charity No 1120998)
Trust supported charities
The Brighton Lusaka Health Link (BLHL) was established in 2005 and is a partnership between colleagues at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia and other allied institutions including BSMS and the Medical School in Lusaka and the Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in both cities. It empowers Zambian and UK-based health care professionals to share skills and knowledge with an overall goal of improving health in Zambia.
The aims of the link are to:
- Provide educational and clinical support for Health care Workers at UTH to help them provide a high standard of care in Lusaka
- Arrange short-term visits to deliver defined courses or educational objectives or clinical services
- Host visits for health care workers from UTH for a defined period to enable them to develop their professional training
- Share educational materials, in particular making use of e-learning
- Provide medical equipment for use in Zambia
- Broaden the clinical experience of health workers based in Brighton
The model for the charity’s work is based on that of the Tropical Health Education Trust (THET).
For more information, contact the trustees: