What we do
We are dedicated to raising money for all wards and departments across our hospitals:
The Royal Sussex County Hospital
The Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital
The Sussex Eye Hospital
The Princess Royal Hospital
Our vision is to improve the experience of every NHS patient who visits our hospitals.
We aim to do this by partnering with the Trust in delivering great outcomes and experiences for patients by fundraising and investing in equipment, training and causes that benefit patients.
Our core priority is to fundraise for the following purposes:
- Creating more patient friendly environments
- Providing equipment for diagnosis and treatment
- Supporting staff development to provide even better care
- Advancing understanding through research
Find out more
You can read more about our work and how BSUH Charity improves care for patients in our annual report.
- BSUH Charity annual report and accounts 2020
- BSUH Charity annual report and accounts 2019
- BSUH Charity annual report and accounts 2018
Stories of how donations and fundraising have helped our hospitals can be found in our bi annual Charity Check-Up Newsletter. Follow the links below to read previous copies:
- BSUH Charity Check-up – Summer 2021
- BSUH Charity Check-up – Winter 2020
- BSUH Charity Check-up – Summer 2020
- BSUH Charity check-up – Winter 2019
- BSUH Charity check-up – Summer 2019
- BSUH Charity check-up – Autumn 2018
The BSUH Charity has existed in its current form since 1995 but charitable giving has been core to the Trust’s culture since the early days.
We still have a collection box from the early 20th century which refers to ‘the League of the Golden Penny’, suggesting a penny a week donation. Its last recorded opening on 31 March 1937 by the box holder, a Mrs Holloway, recorded a sum of 1s 3d in donations.
If you look carefully you’ll notice in our logo a number of blue circles which represent those pennies, in recognition of the early days of public kindness.
While many things have changed over the years in terms of medical and technical advancement, one thing that’s remained the same is the kind generosity of our supporters.
Whether it’s someone wanting to say thank you for the experience of themselves or a loved one; a person or group wanting to raise money for a particular cause; or someone choosing to leave a gift in their will – every penny given has a direct impact on our patients when they need it most.
Get in touch
Visit our contact us page to see how to get in touch with us.