Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Charity (BSUH Charity) has today launched its Ultimate Urgent Care Centre Campaign (#UUCCC). The Royal Sussex County Hospital’s Urgent Care Centre, which is part of A&E, is being refurbished. This will improve the centre but there is more that could be done, to make it the Ultimate Urgent Care Centre for patients. BSUH Charity is asking the local community to help further enhance patients’ experience and treatment by donating and fundraising throughout the summer months.
Support of the Ultimate Urgent Care Centre Campaign will provide:
- Treatment Pods…an innovation and upgrade from the old urgent care centre, where patients will be seen more quickly for diagnosis & treatment
- Rapid Assessment Kits…kits full of the tools needed for your care right at the fingertips of staff, in every consultation room, at every treatment pod.
- Welcoming waiting area…comfortable seating, creative décor and a bit of TV distraction to help relaxation and calm during a stressful time.
Beverley Hales, Acute Floor Directorate Lead Nurse, shared, “The improved Urgent Care Centre will help us to get patients to the right place as quickly as possible. The tools in the rapid assessment kit will make sure staff have the equipment they need right at their fingertips at all times.”
The Urgent Care Centre sees 50,000 patients a year. This campaign will help ensure that patients have the best possible experience and treatment in one of the hospital’s busiest departments. The Ultimate Urgent Care Centre Campaign’s target is to raise £30,000, and every pound will make a genuine difference to patient care.
Ways to give:
- £500 = Warmly welcome patients and loved ones (14 available)
- £1,400 = Rapid Assessment Kits (7 available)
- £2,500 = Innovative Treatment Pod (only 5 available)
The Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Charity (BSUH Charity) exists to enhance care and services across our four hospitals: Royal Sussex County Hospital, The Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital, the Sussex Eye Hospital and the Princess Royal Hospital. Support to the BSUH Charity funds more patient-friendly environments, state-of-the-art equipment, staff development through specialized training, and innovative research projects. For more information about the BSUH Charity, visit our website www.bsuh.nhs.uk/charity or ring 01273 664708.