CIRU Mission Statement
"The Clinical Investigation and Research Unit (CIRU) provides the infrastructure to promote and perform safe, high quality, innovative, patient-orientated research in the South Coast Region"
CIRU includes clinical and laboratory space for in and outpatient research. The unit provides specialised technical support to help those involved in clinical investigations, patient-centred research and research training.
Our vision is to:
- Advance the frontiers of clinical science.
- Translate cutting-edge science and technology to the clinical setting
- Implement the latest developments in the prevention and treatment of illness to improve patient care.
- Maintain the highest quality personnel, equipment and environment to support the delivery of National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and commercial research.
- Develop and support a collaborative interdisciplinary research portfolio, in partnership with the medical school.
- Deliver an integrated training programme to promote clinical research as an essential skill for all doctors and health care professionals.